well.

So y’all all remember about two posts ago we were hoping to hear that we were going to purchase property and sell our current home. Well after a few weeks of trying to work our schedule to meet the agent out there we finally just decided to write an offer on what we knew about it. But once we sat down and were talking about what to offer we were realizing that we felt like the asking was over priced, by a pretty good bit. As an agent I knew if we sent in a low offer it’ll probably just receive a “thanks but no thanks” so instead we actually made the decision to pay a licensed appraiser to give us a report and that way we would know the actual appraised value. And we were right, well actually we were wrong, we thought it was valued a little higher than he did. A lot of it is in flood plains, some of you know what that means, some of you don’t, either way it’s all a little boring but being in a flood plain decreases the value of your land. Cliff knew all of the ins and outs about it. Anyways, we had to wait an additional week waiting on the report, that was a very nervously anxious awaiting also (at least for me) I couldn’t stand not knowing what to offer. We were also pretty confident that by attaching an appraisial report to the offer (of the full appraised value) that we would get it. I mean you’re looking at the apprasial, a man that is licensed and paid for his opinion just sent his report and the value, also that of which a bank won’t lend over. However, odds weren’t in our favor ๐Ÿ˜• they are still holding on for someone to offer them something closer to their asking. It’s a little aggravating on my end as an agent, just because of having the apprasial, what that means, and knowing everything that goes with it. Long story short… we won’t (most other people won’t) give more money than it’s worth for anything. 

So I am now just going to take a deep breath, say a prayer, and let it go. These two weeks have mentally exhausted me, and all Iv done is wait and play on Pinterest. I haven’t been able to think about anything else. My head hurts and hearing them say ‘we have the time to wait on an over value offer to come in’ made me sick to my stomach ๐Ÿ˜” 

Owning land, building a house, having a farm & woods for our boys is definitely still our plan…just waiting on the property to come up. If you own like 50+ acres holla at ya girl and we will work something out ๐Ÿ˜‰

And for those of you anxiously awaiting my red sign to go up at the end of my drive way, I’m sorry, looks like it isn’t this week ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป

On a happier note I did get some awesome pics of my babies back today. One of my super sweet friends is an amazing photographer and we were lucky enough to grab her last slot in a mini session this weekend ๐Ÿ’™๐ŸŒฒ

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s